Monday, July 12, 2010

Vignettes......

I'm crazy about vignettes!  I love to move things around in my home to create little inspirational scenes.  Living with three males, I sometimes wonder if they even notice the  little scenarios I try to create.  I often have to say, "hey, what do you think about the way I placed those items?"  I then get the "huh?" look and a generic, "very nice!"  It's okay, I don't necessarily do it for them.  To be honest, I really do it for myself! 

I have to admit, that the lack of estrogen in my immediate environment is something that I will have to learn to deal with.  My life has always had a nice balance. As an elementary teacher, I was generally surrounded by female adults every day.  I was then able to come home and embrace the testosterone filled household I live in. Though my guys are all very supportive of my artistic pursuits, and are great about bringing me things to work with, one needs the company of females too! Retirement has definitely created an imbalance.  Must seek out female companionship!  It would be great if some of those females had an interest in the creative pursuits of life....just saying :)

One of those testosterone filled males brought me an old wood frame he found in a convenience store parking lot.  He said he knew it was something I would like.  The frame sat on my porch for a couple of months until one day I looked at it and thought, hmmmmm, I know what to do with that!  And thus, another vignette was born.......

1 comment:

Majo said...

This corner is awesome!