Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hugs...................

I received a really great hug from my son yesterday.  He is leaving for college in Florida on Friday and is experiencing some anxiety about the change.  My boys are great huggers, but life has turned them into adults who sometimes are too busy to hand them out.  As a result, the one I received last night was so very precious!  I'll carry it with me while he's gone and revisit it during the long winter months as I miss him terribly......

Here is a little excerpt I found years ago about hugs:

Hugging is good medicine.
It transfers energy and gives the person hugging an emotional boost.
You need four hugs a day for survival, eight for maintenance and 12 for growth.
A hug makes people feel good because the skin is the largest organ we have and needs a great deal of care.
A hug can cover a lot of skin area and give the message that you care.
The nicest thing about a hug is that you usually can't give one without getting one!

No comments: