Monday, August 11, 2008

it finally happened.......



August 11, 2008
I couldn't have been more surprised than when I woke up the other morning craving a cup of iced coffee! I have always been a tea drinker and thought the taste of coffee was wretched. My mom used to tell me that I would start to drink coffee once I grew up. (she also assured me that I would become a Republican once I grew up.)
One morning in early June, my friend Carol mentioned having become addicted to iced coffee. She said it had helped her to give up diet pop. Well, that is something I have long struggled with so I decided to give the coffee a try.
What do you know? After 52 years, I have finally developed a taste for coffee! I guess you were right mom. However, come November, I am absolutely, positively, without reservation going to be voting for Democrats! (still struggling with the diet pop!)

No comments: