Saturday, August 23, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys



I love boys!! As a young wife, I dreamed of having a baby girl. I thought it would be wonderful to have a daughter to dress up, to shop with, to spend time with. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans? God saw fit to give me two boys and I couldn't feel more blessed. As I watched my boys become teenagers I found myself profoundly grateful not to have teenage girls to contend with, to worry about, to fret over.
It isn't that boys don't have their moments, but there is something special about mother/ son relationships. I'm sure the mothers of girls would say the same thing. All I know is that I love having boys. The piece displayed here is such a perfect representation of how my Joel has always approached life! He is so full of exuberance! My Trevor is more cautious, but such a joy.
My boys often find their way into my work. They inspire me in so many ways. Trevor makes me want to be a better person; to take the high road in everything I do. Joel makes me want to express a love of life in my art the way he does in anything he takes on. Michael (my husband) challenges me to expand my "artistic" comfort zone.
I spent a rare afternoon today with all three of my boys (my husband is my third "boy") and it filled my soul with such contentment. It was a great day.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

no no no it has to be this one. I love the use of colors on this. fantastic