Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hooray! The Studio is up and operational!

I'm so excited!  In an effort to divert my attention from the fact that my little birdie has left the nest, I spent the past four days turning his room into my art studio.  I never thought it would possible to have a room dedicated completely to my art things, but it actually happened. 

Mixed blessing...I always hoped that Trevor would choose to attend a Med School in Michigan, but the dear child was traumatized by our horrendous winter last year and decided to apply to a school in Ft. Lauderdale.  I hate the distance, but I love having a room! 

I know, four days and it's done?  Yes!!  I was like an obsessed woman!  I shopped, tugged, hauled, packed, sorted (egads!  I have wayyyy too many art supplies), and organized.  I worked to the point of exhaustion and ended up tripping over one of the dogs.  Four hours in the emergency room to have my gigantic knee based hematoma xrayed, not broken! and then forced myself to rest.  The good news is that I didn't cry over my baby nearly as much as I normally would (that will come Sunday when we say goodbye again at the Florida airport) and I have a studio!  Now I have to nag my husband to take pictures so that I can post them here. More to come after Florida!

No comments: