Saturday, September 5, 2009

Inspire Me Thursday Challenge


God finds a low branch for the bird that cannot fly......

I came across this Turkish proverb recently and it really struck a cord with me. When I first saw it, I related it to my work. I think of those little birds I work with who find it difficult to fly at the same pace as their peers. The proverb helps to assure me that they too will find their path, their "lower branch", and live happy successful lives.


When I saw the theme for this week's challenge, the proverb was still on my mind. My chair represents the "lower branch" provided by a kindly caretaker for a tired little bird who could no longer fly to protect her family.........
Chair created out of foamcore, mixture of vintage Bible papers, cheesecloth, dry brushed with Gesso, rusted wire, garden screening, bark from Marquette, Michigan, handmade nest created with excelsior, thread, shredded paper, and store bought eggs........

1 comment:

Julia said...

This is absolutely stunning ! Thanks for the comment on my blog :)