Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anatomy


I've been thinking a lot about anatomy lately.
Halloween projects have caused me to explore the human skull and the submission for The Anton Art Centre show led me to thinking about the truth we hold inside. My youngest son is in premed at the University of Michigan (have I told you how proud I am of him?) and is currently taking a bio anatomy class. In a recent phone call, he described a dissection that involved a female leg, toenail polish and all! He loves exploring the human body and is fascinated by its inner workings.


On top of all of this, I watched the TV show Numbers last night where Rob Morrow described himself as a bag of bone and tissue. He was lamenting the loss of his feeling of invincibility following a gun shot wound. So, what are we? A fascinating complex organism both tough in its endurance and vulnerable in its fragility? Or, are we simply a bag of bones? Most likely a very interesting combination of both. Here's to anatomy!

No comments: