Saturday, February 28, 2009

Temporary Despair



Remembering our youth! It's amazing how we took our health for granted when we were younger. Life held challenges, but we didn't realize how lucky we were at the time. I am currently dealing with a hopefully minor health scare and the waiting period can be paralyzing. I know myself though. My very first instinct (after calling my family and having a brief meltdown) was to journal and play with color. I sent my son on an emergency trip to the local Office Max to buy me a brand new set of colored Flair pens (along with the requisite emergency chocolate stash). I knew that I needed to immerse myself in the world of creative thought if I was going to get through this frightening period of my life. We'll be okay, and we'll be creative, and hopefully this "thing" will quickly pass into yet another addition to my box of memories.


No comments: