Saturday, February 14, 2009

I hope you laugh

It seems that everywhere you turn these days, people are suffering. The economy is in trouble, many are losing their jobs, homes are being foreclosed, unions are being busted. The outlook for our immediate future seems grim. So, the general mood is anxious, frightened, and depressed.
Economists tell us that we need to ride things out. Aside from taking care of our own finances and keeping our kids safe, I'm not sure there really is anything that the average person can do to affect an immediate improvement in things.
Sooo...what path to take? Spend each day drowning in despair, allow yourself to become depressed to the point of no return, or try to find something in each day to laugh about?
I know it's tough, I experience all of the feelings mentioned above on a daily basis. None of those emotions make me feel any better nor do they change the current state of affairs; at home or in the community. But when I laugh, when I find a commercial amusing or my husband's shenanigans comical, or when the dogs do something endearing, for that moment in time, I feel better. So, while we worry about our families, let's try to carve out a little giggle time each day. I promise you won't regret it. After all, time keeps marching on!

No comments: