Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exultation.......

We have a new associate priest at church.  God Bless him but he is the most boring, negative, depressing speaker ever!  I know he's new and he will find his groove, but in the meantime, I have found myself using his sermon time as a time for reflection on my art work.  Two weeks ago, during a particularly grueling speech, I cleared my mind and asked for inspiration.  The word "exultation" immediately flew into my brain and was followed by a complete image of what my next art piece would be.  I have to tell you, I'm not a very "religious" person. I've never experienced the kind of comfort from church that others have.  This moment of inspiration brought to me inadvertently by a struggling public speaker was as close to a spiritual experience as I've ever had.  I also seldom know what my work is going to look like before it's completed, another anomaly.  Here she is, "Exultation".....

No comments: