Monday, January 24, 2011

Journaling on Canvas Continued.....

This was the first canvas I attempted when the art room reopened.  I love the concept of windows and thinking about the unique distinctions between what individual observers see when they look out.  When we lived in the hotel, I became aware of the impact the view from my window had on me.  The room we stayed in was comfortable.  We ha a kitchen, our dogs, a television, and eventually a computer...all the comforts of home :)  But when I sit here on my own couch and look out the window, I see the beautiful pines in my backyard.  Yes, they are covered with snow and being the cold weather wimp that I am, I will most likely not actually interact with those pines for several more months.  But the sense of contentment I feel gazing at them from my window is beyond description when compared with the feeling of despair the asphalt parking lot evoked as seen from my perch in the hotel.  What lies beyond your window?  and how does it make you feel?.............

No comments: