Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fully Operational

Yesterday was my first full day back in the newly created studio! What with the holidays and moving back into the house, it's taken me a while to get in here.  I have to admit though, my re-entry has been partially due to procrastination.  With my old studio, everything I put into it was comfortable, familiar, and repurposed.  Though I only had the studio for three weeks, it was created by the culmination of many years of anticipation of the day that I would be able to move in to the room.  My new studio is beautiful, complete, and BRAND NEW.  The atmosphere is one of fresh paint, lingering fire smell, and new carpeting (by the way, I hate my new carpeting).  With the holidays over, I had to force myself to come up here yesterday and spend the day playing with my materials.  I managed to pull off three canvases that are in various stages of completeness.  I still don't feel as though I'm working in my own skin (if that makes any sense) but as I make more of a mess with my mediums and papers, it's becoming more like my environment.  I do have to come up with a solution for the fire smell, it's giving me a headache and strangely causes my ears to plug up as though I'm riding in an airplane.  I'm not complaining, please believe me.  I'm so blessed to have gotten my space back.  It will just take time...in the meantime, I'm sitting here waiting for inspiration.........
PS  No idea what the strange color bar across this old painting is...too tired to rescan

1 comment:

Veronica said...

so glad you're back yay.......