Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life, Love, Art That's all she wrote!






















I'm obsessed with the human figure. I can't imagine creating something without incorporating some part of the human anatomy. I don't look for physical perfection. It's more about body language, facial expressions, and mood. I try to convey meaning through the poses I place my figures in. I'd love to take a drawing class this summer. I use to draw faces as a teenager but lost the touch over the years. In the meantime, I rely on body language.


So much of how we communicate with others is dependent on our body language. I've learned over the years that I have often misjudged folks by incorrectly reading their body language. I think it's important to remember that we aren't always aware of the image we are projecting to others. If I'm tired or worn-out at work, I have to make a greater effort to arrange my facial features into something acceptable in the work place. People only get a snapshot of you during the day and that impression can make a difference in the way their day goes. But that's work! In art, I can convey any mood I want. With art, there is freedom!!

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Right on. I just started taking art class with M.F. Barley, so I'm kind of diving into drawing people. I'm not very good, but I know improvement lies in practice, so I hope the future holds good things.

Nathaniel said...

Oh, and BTW, I forgot to say that you seem to have a .quickedit{display:none;} showing at the top of your blog. Maybe something needs to be changed?