Friday, August 21, 2009

Inspire Me Thursday Challenge

http://www.inspiremethursday.com/


I have decided to try my hand at challenges! This has truly been a summer of firsts for me. The challenge was to represent a cupcake. I really like the way my cupcake turned out but I have one question. Does anyone have a technique for showing glitter on a photo? My cute cupcake, entitled "Go Big or Go Home" (which is clearly my philosophy in all things: witness my children), has some really scrumptious glitter on it in all the right places. I'm not sure that it showed clearly on the picture. If you have some advice for me, please let me know! Off to do weekly shopping. Cupcakes, hmmmmmmm............

8 comments:

Tif said...

This is wonderful! I LOVE it. No real advice on the glitter except that maybe a scan would show it off more? I got a scanner a few years ago and I use it all the time for my smaller pieces. It helps me get a more true image (color's better, it's sharper, etc.).

lee said...

lI thinkk your cupcake turned out great, thanks for the comment on mine. No advice on glitter but I tell you I can imagine it on your cupcake.

Winterwood said...

no advice on glitter either, but it probably reflects the scanner light and thats why it doesnt show up? I love your cupcake and please keep joining in the challenge fun and showing us your work!

Joyce Ann Martin said...

Indeed, these challenges are such a lovely way to prompt our creative sides. I love your cupcake! Unfortunately I have no advice on showing glitter either...it's so difficult to capture how it sparkles in the light.

dandelion dreamer said...

Hi there! I love you entry and hope you'll be back every week!
The secret for getting glittery bits to show is to place your pictures on a ledge near to windwo and as you look through the viwfinder of the camera, move it slightly until you see the sparkle in the viwefinder then take the picture. I hope this is helpful. Best wishes, Moira

artbylmr said...

I second the motion to go Big - especially when it comes to cupcakes - beautiful piece.

Tiffany Duffy said...

This is so great! I'm sure it looks even yummier with the glitter! :) thanks for the comment on my cupcakes - I just started these challenges, too... what fun!

mbc said...

I see you like glitter too! I like how you incorporated all the elements into making your cupcake! Your blog is very inspiring, so I will be back in the future.