Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Circus is Back in Town!

All I can say is, thank goodness I had such a steady stream of inspiration this summer! I am now back in the, "I'm too tired to do anything but come home and collapse" mode. I'm either bringing school work home or sitting on the couch like a lump staring into space every night. It always happens this way at the beginning of the school year. I am pulled in so many directions all day long that I feel as though I never get anything done.

I know that the teachers working directly with kids right now are equally exhausted, but I never realized until I moved to the office just how mentally exhausting working with adults and doing paperwork can be too.
In two weeks, I will begin working with my students again. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, once my body and brain adjust to the circus being back in town, I 'll have some energy left at the end of the day to do something creative..........

This assemblage is titled "On Entertaining Clowns" because after all, clowns need a little magic in their lives too, don't they?

1 comment:

Patti Edmon Artist said...

i love your piece - was it inspired by a day in the office with the adults? or, in anticipation of the kids:) I hardly see my sister when the school year begins, she's a teacher, and I can't believe how demanding it is - good luck and keep creating!