Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer time and the living is easy.....



Don't get me wrong, I am profoundly grateful to have a fulltime job. I know how blessed I am to be able to support my family in this terrible Michigan economy. Yet, I have to tell you, I love being on vacation!!!!



Teaching is a physically and emotionally draining career. It is fulfilling and rewarding as well. Often it feels as though we are the unsung heros of the professional world. There is no question, however, that summer is a huge perk. Yes, I have four workshops to attend, three book studies assigned to me, and six placement meetings to attend. I also have to go in two weeks early to prescreen all of the incoming kindergarteners, enter their data into the computer and balance four classrooms. All of that aside, those few precious, carefree days in between all of the other (unpaid )responsibilities associated with my job are beyond priceless!



I can now focus my attention on my art, my garden, and my family. Where to begin? Finish the series of Beauty Denied Barbies I've been working on, finish the wedding gift I started in May, catch up on scrapbooking, pick up where I left off on my journaling, or start something completely new? The possibilities are endless! Oh summer time...and the living is easyyyy... fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high......Billie Holiday

No comments: